Health Information Exchange
The NMHIC HIE provides for the electronic exchange of patient health information among different and unrelated healthcare organizations.
The HIE collects patient information from participating providers and creates a patient record in real-time.
With patient consent, the provider can view the patient record, including the most current medical history, recent labs, and test results from participating healthcare facilities where the patient received care.
Having patient health information at the point of care:
- Helps providers to evaluate, diagnose, and manage the patient.
- Is valuable during a medical emergency or when a patient may not know or recall their health information.
The NMHIC HIE is:
- The statewide health information exchange network.
- Based on a public utility model where data providers and data users provide and share information for the common good.
- Recognized by the New Mexico Department of Health (DOH) as its agent for electronic public health reporting.
|Join Our Mailing List|
|General Information about the NMHIC HIE||431.19 KB|